Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011-New Year, Same Stuff?

I have always been the type of person who set New Year resolutions just to see my goals deteriorate by the beginning of March. Was it because I set my standards too high? In previous years I swore that I would not use profanity, or that I would become a better man, or that I want to have a certain amount of money in my savings account, but I usually do not follow through with these simple goals. Something would happen and I would start spewing out profane words one after the other, and by the time December rolls around, I have used up all the money that I was suppose to save (90% of the time it was for things that I really did not need). This cycle has continued for many years now, and though the feeling of starting fresh is nothing new to people on this day, especially myself, I feel like 20-11 will be different. First the number 20, the age that I will be turning this year. I will be 20 years old this year, man I feel old. As I look back on the 20 years of my life, I realize that I have not done much that I am proud of, better yet I have not done enough for others. The past few years, I have been slacking, and the results of my life has shown that. The number 11, my favorite number. Isaiah Thomas said that he wore number 11 when he played basketball because it meant that he was number 1 twice. I look back to previous years, and realize that I can not say that I am number 1 at anything.

So 20-11, things will be different, and my friends, family, and fans will be the ones who will hold me accountable to this. Below I will share my resolution, and all I could say is buckle up because we are going to go for a ride in 20-11.

RESOLUTION:

1. Grades, 3.5 or above- Last semester I did not finish well, and I had way too much on my plate (and plus, I decided to use my studying time on NBA 2k11, and Poke' Mon Heart Gold). This year, I cannot afford to let my grades slip, and I must make up for last semester. (If you are curious about what I ended with last semester, I will sadly inform you that I ended with a 2.9)

2. Weight- Coming home from college, I expected to hear things like "I miss you so much" or "I am so glad you are back" or "You look good" Haha, but do you know what I heard most during this return to home? "Dang, you got big". I heard it from my mom, my brothers, over 80 percent of my family, my friends. my co-workers, and customers that remember me before I left for college. So by the end of this year they will be saying the same thing, but this time it would be all muscle, not 50/50.

3. Grind-Simple. I have been really stagnant with my progression. I have been content for too long, and now it is time to start networking, recording, BLOGGING, and finding all the ways that I could glorify the Lord.

4. Lord- Once again, very simple: Get reconnected, and Trust and Glorify him.

5. Vee- I always out this down every year for a resolution, and what this mean is just to become a better person. This is the resolution that wraps everything up. Become a better Christian man, more educated, more hardworking, and more loving.

If you read this far, thank you and congratulation, you have been granted permission to keep me accountable to all of the goals above. You are under the category of friend, or family, or fan, and I greatly appreciate you for taking time out of your day to read this.

With much Love and Glory to God,
Vee, welcome to 20-11


1 comment:

  1. u are so entertaining mister... and so lovable. u only got big because ur so full of love and passion for others :). love u triple dip

    ReplyDelete